Despedida y Bienvenida

Hello hello,

So it has been a while since my last Pday. Last Sunday was my last one in Recreo and it was sad to say goodbye after 10 months there. I had lots of experiences and came to love the members and the people. In the midst of my time there, Robbie sent me a scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 51:17. This was the instruction of the Lord to the saints when they moved to Ohio. They were not sure how much time they would need to stay there, so there was some doubt about whether or not to plant and settle down:

And the hour and the day is not given unto them,wherefore let them act upon this land as for years, and this shall turn unto them for their good.

When I arrived to Recreo last may (!!) I didnt imagine being there 10 months. But I tried to continue working with patience and diligence for as long as I was called to be there, and I know the Lord blessed our efforts

Anyway, now I am in Buin! It has been great to be here. Without all the office responsibilities, I feel like I am unemployed and just dedicate my time to a "hobby" of being a missionary haha.. Elder Llavilla and I are working hard here and we have been seeing success.

We have one investigator named Maria who had never been to church before. We helped her go yesterday and she stayed the whole time! In the afternoon we visited her with the branch mission leader and taught a powerful lesson about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She said she would pray to know the truth and prepare to be baptised on April 24th! She told us that she could really tell that we knew what we were saying was true. The Holy Ghost is the way that the people can come to know the truth.

On Wednesday I went to the district class of a new district leader, Elder Haar, and he talked about teaching lessons with the Spirit. There really is a difference between when we are guided by the Holy Ghost and when we just teach what we decide to teach. I am trying to apply that and be a better teacher.

So everything is going well here. Lots of other things have happened, and we have lots of potential here. I am thankful to be a missionary and be able to invite everyone to come unto Christ.

Have a great week!

Elder Richards

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mi CumpleaƱos!

Conference

The World Today