Another Testament of Jesus Christ

Christ's Visit to the Americas
"Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world. And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning." - 3 Nephi 11:10-11
Above all else, the central purpose of the Book of Mormon is to testify of Jesus Christ. In 3 Nephi 11-26, Christ personally visits the Nephites and Lamanites in the Americas some time after His resurrection. This visitation is consistent with Christ's words in the New Testament:
"And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." -John 10:16
These descendants of Lehi, departed from Jerusalem 635 years earlier were part of the other sheep Christ mentioned. God loves all His children and sees us all equally. When Christ came, He invited each person in the multitude to come one by one and feel the wounds on His side and hands, bearing witness that He atoned for all the world. He provided an intensely spiritual experience to each individual, and showed His love for them all.

When Christ came all the people immediately "fell to the earth" in humility (3 Nephi 11:12). No one instructed them to do so, but it was an automatic response to the compassion and glory of the perfect Savior among them. Surely as each person went up to Christ, they all had different and personal spiritual experience. Think of how you would react when face to face with your Redeemer. Someday we will all have this opportunity to be with Christ. Read 3 Nephi 11 and imagine yourself there. See yourself in the presence of Jesus Christ.

It might seem ridiculous that I could believe this man, Jesus Christ, lived and died and lived again as I say He did. His grandness and glory defy human logic and reason, yet I know He lives. Jesus Christ lived and died for each and every one of us. He atoned for our sins and made it possible for us to return to God. He is our brother and our friend, our savior and our redeemer. I know this is true, and I cannot deny it. He lives.

Imagine yourself in the presence of Him, as depicted in this video.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mi Cumpleaños!

Conference

The World Today