Hola hola, Its been an interesting week here in Recreo. We have spent a lot of time, but really a LOT of time, contacting this week, trying to find new people. We have a few solid investigators, but by some reason or another, we only ended up teaching 3 lessons this whole week (when about 10 is average). I dont know if it was a lack of planning or just the way things had to work out, but we didnt get a lot of teaching in this week. Strangely enough, the week still went by pretty quickly. Elder Silva is a great missionary, and we had a good attitude the whole week, and worked hard. In all aspects of our lives, God blesses us after the trial of our faith. We are already seeing blessings, as we had a great lesson with an investigator yesterday, and have three solid lessons planned for tonight. In the Book of Mormon in Ether 12:6 it says I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see no...
Yet again, it has been way too long since I have last written. (I'm sure that no one else has noticed, but for me it has been too long). For the past few months I have been back at BYU, and things have been going pretty well here. It certainly has been an adjustment, since I had previously been living a completely different lifestyle for the past two years as a missionary. Additionally, I am not from this part of the country and I have lots of questions regarding life and the future. I think that new situations like this can be overwhelming for most of us. Life does not seem so hard when we have everything figured out, but change and uncertainty often invoke strong emotions. Depending on how we choose to react, we may end up feeling overwhelming eagerness and optimism, or crippling negativity and doubt, or something in between. This spectrum not only applies to monumental occasions of our lives, but also to the many personal anxieties that we might face each day. How can we avo...
Hola hola, So this week we hit the road a lot. On Wednesday we had to make an emergency trip to Santiago to bring a sister missionary to the airport to go home. She broke her arm last week in a bike accident, and was going to have an operation in Santiago, but somehow at the last minute all the plans got changed and she ended up going home to have the operation there. So we had to scramble to get a flight. At about 1 pm we were in contact via email with the flight agency, and they responded asking if we could get to the airport at 2:30 so she could make a 5:00 flight. Well, Santiago is 1 and a half hours away, but sure why not? We went for it and then the plans changed like three times again, but we finally got her up there (later than 2:30) without problem. The commissaries dropped us off at the airport with her and then they went to run some errands. From there we got her through customs and took a bus to the city and then the metro to meet up and eat a late lunch. In the office, you...
Comments
Post a Comment