GalgoBus

Hola Familia!

It has been a good first week in Las Cabras! Unfortunately, I have yet to see any actual goats... But all is well. My new companion is Elder Llavilla from Peru. He only has about 4 months in the mission, and it has been great to be with such a young missionary. I have had a lot of opportunities to help him, and it has forced me to take the lead on some things that I am not always comfortable with.

Speaking of things that I am not always comfortable with, this week we have done a lot of contacting. Seriously, a lot. I feel like I have talked to more people this week than in my entire life before. But I have basically (almost) lost my fear of knocking on someones door and starting a converastion with them. I know that the message we are sharing can bless every person, so its worth the occasional discomfort. 

Also this week, I feel like I have taken more busses than ever before in my life. LasCabras is kind of far from everything. To get to San Fernando for district and zone meetings, we have to take two busses for about 2 hours of travel. To get to the chapel (and many of our lunch appointments) we have to travel to Peumo for about 30 minutes. And to get to some other members and investigators we have to travel about 30 minutes to some smaller towns. This week we spent a lot of time and money on busses, and today is actually the first day since I got here that we dont have to go anywhere.

Since we dont have a Chapel here in Las Cabras, this sector is pretty unique. There arent a lot of members that live here, and very few less actives. Currently we dont have any recent converts and arent working with any less actives. So its definitely a very different sector compared to Molina.

But here I am in Las Cabras. Its a quaint little town. If it were in the USA, I think it would be a hipster paradaise. It is kind of secluded from everything, and very close to Lake Rapel (popular for water skiing). Theres a decent downtown and nice plaza. Theres lots of young people and lots of older people who work in Santiago and live here on the weekends. Its an interesting town and an interesting sector to work in.

Have a great week!

-Elder Richards


​Yo y Elder Llavilla

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mi CumpleaƱos!

Conference

The World Today