Despedidas

Buenas!

Another week, another letter. Things are going well here. This week included a few goodbyes. On Monday the Christiansens finished their mission and returned home to Utah. It was sad to see them go! Plus we have more responsibilities now in their absence, but thats okay. Also this week Carina and Camilo, the recent converts here, moved to San Fernando. I think it will be a good change for them, and I hope they maintain strong in the Gospel.

The extranjeria here has been suuuper busy lately because there are a lot of immigrants that have come to Chile recently from Haiti, Venezuela, and Colombia. So the extranjeria doubled the amount of people they attend to. Plus two out of the four workers are on vacation, so we spent a good amount of time waiting in lines there.. It has been a bit difficult to get things done with all of that, but we will figure it out.

This week I read a good talk called "Becoming a Consecrated Missionary" by Tad R Callister. I liked this quote:

If you only change your behavior, then you will be the same person you were when you left home, subject to the same problems that plagued you then. But if you change your nature you will go home a new man or woman, with the power and discipline to conquer your old Goliaths.

The missionary is an opportunity to change ourselves and become better people. I think I have improved myself a lot, and I hope to continue being able to do so as I serve the Lord here.

Have a great week!

- Elder Richards


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mi Cumpleaños!

Conference

The World Today