Cambios cambios

Hola,

Hope that you have all had a great week, it has certainly been an interesting one here.

This week I was able to do two exchanges with the zone leaders and with the elders from my district and they were a great experience. On Wednesday I went with Elder Alves (the zone leader) to his sector and we had a really powerful day. That morning we had learned in our zone training the importance of testifying of companion. Honestly, I always thought it was kind of cliché to say things like "I testify of the words of my companion," and dont think I had ever said that before. But, we tried hard to apply that on Wednesday and our lessons were very powerful. One investigator was skeptical, but even thanked us for our passion and unity. Elder Alves and I had never worked together before, but we really had the Spirit guiding us. If you think about it, this prinicple is evident in the Scriptures. Jesus Christ always testifies of the Father, and the Father always testifies of Christ. When we add our testimonies to affirm that of others, the Spirit can confirm our additional witness and help those who are listening to the message.

But the most interesting thing that happened is that the mission had some special changes today. I have been assigned to be one of the four secretaries in the mission, and will be with a new companion, Elder Sawyer. Our responsabilities include scheduling travel, filing visas, and other behind-the-scenes things in the mission office (that is a pretty boring description...). Hopefully it is a good experience and that I can learn a lot. I am excited. Elder Sawyer is from Vermont and we actually had four classes together at BYU, but didnt know each other haha (but I do remember talking to him briefly one time). In addition to the secretary work, we will also continue working in my current sector in Recreo. So I am going to be in Recreo for a very long time. Sadly, my companion Elder Everett left for Nancagua, another sector. He was a great companion and I will definitely miss being with him. We were sad to get the news so suddenly, but thats how the mission is sometimes. So yeah, should be interesting with the new assignment. I wont be a district leader anymore either, so that was a short job.

Have a great week!

- Elder Richards

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mi Cumpleaños!

Conference

The World Today