The End that was a Beginning

June 21st, 2011. I received a frantic call from a dear friend that her best friend was involved in a car accident during her family's cross country trek to Nevada. I rushed home, and minutes later Facebook confirmed that our friend had died. Tomorrow is her funeral. At first all anyone could feel was despair and anguish for the first few days. Was it real life, did that actually happen?  But since then, the sadness has been replaced with joy. Not joy for the end, but joy for the beginning. Joy for the beginning of an era of remembrance and joy for life in general. Because she is gone from us, it has become easier to look in retrospect at the past with her. I've known her my whole life, but never became really good friends with her until the months that I knew her. I'm glad I had those months, because I'm glad that I could even value her as one of my best friends. And also our loss brings about a joy for the lives we still have. Everyone else is still here, we still have a purpose to fulfill and a life to live. So never let a day pass by without living your life to the fullest. Laugh more, play more, do more, talk more, interact more, love more, live more. Because you never know when your last day will be, but you always know that you have this second. So make it the best second of your life. Our friend was good enough to be relieved of this world's pains, but we're still here. So live your life to the best of your ability.

Comments

  1. Brian Richards, I never put you down as a blogger, way to go, honor Jada for the rest of your life, she deserves it. As for me I will do the same for the rest of my probabtional period upon this earth, and in memorial of Jada, I will srtive even harder to change the way I live my life. Now for the mystery, your probably wanting to now who I am well here it is: My name is Braeden Wilson, now if you don't remember me you have some problems just joking man, will try to keep in touch with you, please contact me through this email account. Thanks Braeden

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mi CumpleaƱos!

Conference

The World Today